Friday, July 25, 2008

Reintroducing the Subject to His Natural Habitat

Let me tell you that I fucking love Chicago. Growing up in Milwaukee, I always had older friends who went to school in Chicago...let's just say I have had my fair share of wild nights there (I pooped on the statue of Shakespeare in Lincoln Park while I was tripping on acid in high school...thought it was SOOOO postmodern). See how cool I am? All jokes aside, Lake Michigan was my first lover, she comforted me every time I was down. I love that lake...closest thing we have to an ocean in the Midwest. In any case, my cousin is getting married there this weekend so I am returning to sweet home Chicago.

Fer, well call her, has been seeing her man for something like 16 years before they got engaged. I am very close to my cousins, and being the youngest, besides my brother, they all look out for me. They are all much older and every time I go visit them they take me out with their friends who mostly consist of single 30-40 year old professional women. Sometimes, you know, certain things happen with said women. Fer's sister, Ther talked to me for like an hour and a half after meg left and told me that she is getting me laid this weekend even if she has to do it herself. Yeah, that's what I thought too, "Thanks for the offer, Ther, but I'd much prefer your friends." She laughed and said that this weekend she was "reintroducing me into the wild." I am so ready to be done moping about and let Cheese take control this weekend. Although I do wonder how my mom will react to seeing her drunk son hitting on women only ten years younger than her. We shall see, more on Monday...

No comments: