Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Stranger

I had something that I was planning on posting today, but after last night I feel like I need to go in a different direction. I went to the bar last night and I did not have drink one.

“What’ll it be Mr. Cheese?”

“Um…….Dr. Pepper?”

“What is it your period?”

“Very funny…I’ll get a cranberry later.”

I laughed and hung out while the boys got drunk and I stayed painfully sober, but the night would turn out for the worst. Shit went completely and utterly pear shaped but luckily I was sober enough to take TBF to the hospital (I’ll explain tomorrow). I was fucking angry but I was also completely sober, not even one pint. It actually felt good to go to sleep (granted it was on the bench outside of University of Cincinnati Hospital) instead of pass out for once, I’ll tell the story of what happened some time tomorrow. Now, however, I’ll get to the real point of this post…the stranger…the Girl on the Phone.

THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU CLICK ON ONE OF THE SEX BLOGS LISTED TO THE RIGHT AND READ ABOUT FUCKING BECAUSE I’M GOING TO GET JUST A WEE BIT FAGGOTY HERE.

It’s been getting worse everyday; we have been talking more and more. We blew away her 500 text plan and then the 1500 and she was forced to up it to 5000, we talk all day everyday.

See I told you I was getting gay on y’all, I’ll tell some drug or fucking stories to make up for it, how bout that?

She came along when I was at my lowest, drinking myself to sleep and driving around piss drunk with a death wish, a complete stranger to myself…an empty face in the mirror. She had the nerve to get mad at me for my behavior; a complete fucking stranger telling me how to live, are you fucking joking me? I didn’t think it was going to turn into this, hey, I tried to push her away with drunk EZ but she just wouldn’t give up (psycho). The more we spoke, though, the more I realized that this stranger, this Girl on the Phone, actually cared about me. At that point I was under the impression that no one gave a shit and I was reasonably certain that I was going to drink myself to death within the next few months. This stranger helped me realize how disgusting it was to live my life like this.

“Don’t do it for me, do it for you.”

Meg always wanted me to do everything for her: quit drinking for her, quit smoking for her, quit using drugs for her etc, but the stranger told me to do it for myself. She told me that seeing me happy made her happy, she is one of two people who have ever said that to me. Making other people happy at any cost has been one of my biggest weaknesses in my life, noble, but still a weakness, I tried to please others no matter the price, even if it meant telling them what they wanted to hear or being someone they wanted me to be...the stranger…the Girl on the Phone, she doesn’t want that…she wants me to be me. She just wants me to be happy, more importantly she makes me want to be happy.

And that, my friends, is why I’m all gay and happy today.

Plus I landed another account about an hour ago…let’s just be honest here, I’m the fucking man.

So, Girl on the Phone I will say this to you…Thank you, those words don’t cut it but its all I got. You earned my heart and that’s why it’s yours.

Sincerely,

Your extremely gay, sappy, feminine, douchey and queer friend Cheese.

Ps. I promise I’ll be back to my asshole normal self tomorrow.

No comments: