Monday, January 05, 2009

Electronic

You are back on the other end of the phone again, on the other side of the screen. Once again you are electronic and out of my reach, but it’s different this time.

I remember sitting in the parking garage last time, completely distraught. I remember watching you break down as you walked to security. I remember thinking I was never going to see you again. It just seemed too big; I couldn’t wrap my mind around it no matter how hard I tried.

This time, though, it was different. There was a tear or two when we parted, but there was a laugh or two as well. It felt right and it still does. It is still big, but it is so very simple. A question was asked and an answer was given.

“so, this is real?”

Turns out it is.

I told you I was giving up the melodrama and the complaining this year, so here it goes. I’m through losing sleep over the distance between us. I’m going to do something about it. You might be electronic for a while, but someday that will change. I’m not going to let this crush me; I’m going to do something about it.

It’s just that simple.

No comments: