Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I'm Scared

I always knew I would hear this song the way it was meant to be heard. Now I finally get it.

I'll be fine, this isn't the first time I've been broken and it won't be the last. Laugh if you want, I don't care. I knew what I was getting myself into the whole time and I did it anyway. I'll be fine. I can deal with the worst, I have before. Dying friends, cheating women and calling addictions haven't killed me yet. I'll be fine. I really will.

I don't know anymore.

I just don't know.

I'll be fine.

I want to hit the road and just drive, I just want to be gone. Not here, no contact. Just me. All by myself, just like I've always been.

Alone. Again. Like before. Like always. By myself. The only one who understands. Alone.

I'll be fine, like usual...like always I'll find a way. I'll forget and laugh about this in the future. I'll be fine, I really will.

I'll be fine.

I just need a little time.

The blank pages of my diary
That I haven't touched since you left me
The closed blinds in my home
See no light of day.

Dust gathers on my stereo
Cos I can't bare to hear the radio
The piano sits in a shaded space
With a picture of your face.

I'm scared to face another day
Cos the fear in me just won't go away.
In an instant, you were gone and I'm scared.

Coffee stains on your favorite book
Remind me of you so I can't take a look.
The magazines you left on the floor
You won't need them anymore.

A towel left hangin on the wall
No sign of wet foosteps in the hall
There's no smell of your sweet cologne.
I'm lying here alone.

I'm scared to face another day
Cos the fear in me just won't go away.
In an instant, you were gone and now I'm scared.

I'm scared to face another day
Cos the fear in me just won't go away.
In an instant, you were gone, now I'm scared.

In an instant you were gone and I'm scared.

"I'm Scared" Duffy

No comments: