Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Blame The Rain

Two days in a row and it can't just be the fact that I remembered to take my happy pills in the morning.  Can't quite pin it on anything other than the past two days which were sixty degrees and sunny, guess that weather does a bit for the spirits.  I'm starting to see the possibilities this summer holds for a guy who is not tied down and stressed out of his head. 

I'm honestly starting to get a hard on thinking about it.

Saw the guys tonight and we got pretty damn excited to get outside this weekend and disc.  It's the first time in a long time that I've been able to look forward to the beginning of the season with my friends like I have this year and I couldn't be more excited.

I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe it's the fact that I can roll my windows down and turn the music up on the ride home, but I feel that change in the air and I am chomping at the bit.  I'm whistling a new tune, I've spent my winter of sorrow and whining, it's time to live.  I can deal with bittersweet, I don't expect to forget everything so quickly, but I am not going to let this ruin what is going to be one of the best summers I have had in ten years. 

Honestly, I'm pumped and I don't feel sorry about it at all.

So maybe I screwed things up in the last dance, but she sure as shit did too.  The time has come to give the big "fuck you" to this winter gloom and enjoy the process of putting my roots back down where they belong.  

After all...I'm home.

No comments: